Lim Siew Symn
Lim Siew Symn is in charge of the firm’s Mediation cases. She was admitted as a Barrister-at-Law (Gray’s Inn) in 1992 and to the Malaysian Bar in 1993. She has been an accredited mediator since 2010, and is also a on the panel of mediators at the Malaysian Mediation Centre.
Having worked and lived in Europe, the US and Asia, Ms. Lim has the added capacity to mediate effectively in cross-cultural disputes where the appreciation of diverse perspectives is central to reaching an optimal resolution.
Miss Lim also oversees the family law practice at Thomas Philip. The firm is commited to resolving family disputes collaboratively, or through mediation and has practised a “no litigation” policy since 2010 for all family disputes.
Areas of Practice:
- Family Disputes
- Workplace Disputes
- General Commercial Mediation
Qualifications & Associations:
- LL.B University of Southhampton, U.K.
- Barrister-at-Law, Gray’s Inn, U.K.
- Admitted as an Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya, in 2003
- Member of the Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn
- Accredited Mediator and Panel Member of the Malaysian Mediation Centre