Lavinia Kumaraendran heads the firm’s Litigation department. She was admitted as a Barrister-at-Law (Lincoln’s Inn) in October 2003 and to the Malaysian Bar in 2005. She holds a Masters Degree in Commercial Law.
Lavinia has been in active dispute resolution practice in the fields of general civil and commercial litigation. Her current portfolio focuses on corporate litigation, particularly shareholders’ disputes, breach of directors’ duties, and minority oppression actions.
She is a litigator with considerable experience having acted for a broad range of clients in various industries, including public listed companies, liquidators, receivers and managers. She frequently appears as solicitor and counsel in all tiers of the Courts in Malaysia and has several reported cases to her name.
Her commercial litigation experience notably includes representation of beneficiaries in highly contentious probate and trust actions.
Areas of Practice:
- Bankruptcy & Insolvency
- Contractual Disputes
- Corporate & Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Recovery & Restructuring
- Land Disputes
- Shareholder Disputes
- Partnership Disputes
Qualifications & Associations:
- LL.B, University of West England, Bristol, U.K.
- LL.M (Commercial Law), University of Bristol, U.K.
- Barrister-at-Law, Lincoln’s Inn, U.K.
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2005)
- Member of the Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn
- Member of the Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn Alumni Malaysia