Internships and Attachments
We believe that a rich and rewarding internship experience, is a vital first step in cultivating well-rounded Dispute Resolution lawyers.
The Thomas Philip Internship Programme is a practical programme open to Malaysian and International law students interested in pursuing a legal career in litigation or dispute resolution.
We strive to give our interns hands-on opportunities to put what they have learnt in law school into practice.
Internships are generally for a one-month duration. Longer or shorter durations may be accommodated on a case-to-case basis. The program focuses on core skills such as interviewing, ethics, communication, research, drafting and advocacy. Our interns work with lawyers in the practice on actual client matters and attend trials, hearings, appeals and client meetings when appropriate.
- Cross-cultural exchange: Local and International students work together with Thomas Philip lawyers and staff in the exchange of ideas and knowledge.
- Participation in an established Internship programme that has hosted, in the past 5 years, over 120 law student interns from all over the world including Malaysia, Australia, U.K. Norway, Austria, France, Canada, Zambia, Indonesia, Korea, India, Thailand and others countries.
- Regular visits to observe proceedings at the High Courts and Appellate Courts, at least twice a week.
- Supervision by Lawyer-mentors.
- Participation in a Moot at the end of the Internship, judged by senior lawyers of the Firm
- Research skill development with extensive offline and online resources.
- Practical lessons in File and Client Management.
- Collegiate working environment in congenial surroundings, well located and close to the Kuala Lumpur Court Complex.
Attachments and Internships are generally for a one-month duration. Longer or shorter durations may be accommodated on a case-to-case basis.
For further information, email us at: email@example.com